October 01, 2006

more springiness for rory




off for a walk, will post details later (love the pants, not happy with the top)

ok, back from our walk (to get the kids out of dh's hair while he gets dinner prepared, of course he can't cook with them under his feet *rolls eyes* lol)

so the patterns are Ottobre 4/2004, designs #4 & #5.
i love love love the pants! just a gorgeous style and fit! i am half way through a second pair already :oD I think i'll make another couple of pairs, plus some for emelia if they go big enough!

the top .... *sigh* i don't hate it, but it didn't turn out quite the way i thought or hoped. i don't like the applique i've done. i think you need a bigger design to applique, like the one in the magazine. the whatsydoovie in the front of the neck (slit, gap, whatever it's called) is just too big. it needs to be about half the size. and apart from the fact i put the ribbon on at the wrong angle i just don't like the look. next time i'll use a button and loop i think. the towelling is a lovely weight for a spring top but a major PITA as it stretched as it was sewn and overlocked. i will have to invest in some of that tape that stops stretching i think! and then last of all, there's the fact that rory doesn't look good in purple LOL

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Brazen. I LOVE that first pic too, what a cute expression on her face.

candi said...

I can't imagine Rory looking anything but gorgeous!

Towelling is hard to sew, isn't it?

Little Munchkins said...

Oh, I LOVE it. I think I enjoy looking at your work especially since my daughter is about the same age as Rory.

Julie said...

Brazen, I think the outfit looks quite nice actually - I thought the slot looks just fine.
I love your Aurora's big rosy cheeks!! :)

Cass said...

Brazen, love the pants and Rory looks great. I love her expressions. I think the top looks fine Love Rory's rosy cheeks.

Natalie said...

I think the outfit looks fantastic! Rory reminds me a lot of my friend's daughter, they have the same gorgeous cheeky smile.