September 10, 2006

found some time this afternoon...

to make ryan one of his long overdue pairs of pants!





i'm very happy with how these turned out - and they only took me a couple of hours!

they're made from what is like an uncut cord with a diagonal stripe. the top and bottom panels are cut running the opposite direction. all the top stitching was done using a thick rainbow thread (for the overlocker but sewed well on the machine). i used a denim needle which made sewing this fabric a breeze.

the pattern is design 6/7 from ottobre 1/2006, the same pattern as i used with the fleece to make him trackpants a few months ago.

the only annoying thing is that even though imeasured the elastic around his waist i didn't take out enough and it stretched as i sewed it on. i find it so hard to get the waists right!

5 comments:

Cass said...

Karen ,they look great. I love the rainbow thread.

Natalie said...

Those pants looks fabulous! Jordan desperately needs new ones as he's just shot up a size.

Andrea said...

WOW Brazen, they look great. I LOVE the rainbow thread!

Unknown said...

Wow, I love these. I want rainbow thread too now. What stitch did you use, it looks great!

Anonymous said...

Hey Karen

I made those same pants - they're great aren't they. So easy to make. Good for daycare pants I reckon or make them a bit fancier for good.