August 24, 2006

op shop finds






i've just returned from 5 days in QEII (for rory's sleep and my PND). while i was there i had the chance to pop into the local vinnies. some stuff was mega cheap (the top kids were 50c each) and other stuff wasn't (the doona cover was $13) but i was happy with my haul (my first since starting the challenge so challenge not broken ;oD)

the scarf is a deeper red than it appears and i'll try making emelia a shirred top out of it. i adore the colours and pattern on the doona and i think i'll make a dress for each of the girls out of it and probably some pants. i think there'll be enough to make myself a shirt too :) i'll probably use the dress pattern i bought to make emelia's dress. it's very sweet.

the knitting books are because dad's cousin peggy has offered to knit for the kids - her own kids don't like handknits! the closerup pics are of a groovy pants suit that has to be seen to be believed (!!) and my faves from my fave book - the mon tricot one. i LOVE most of those designs! oh and check out the text on the top of the pink page heheh

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great haul. Hope you are feeling better after you QEII stay :) take it easy hun.

Unknown said...

Love love love the print in the first pic. Is that the doona cover?
I also love the old knitting patterns. I have collected quite a few lately. Pity I can't knit.
Hope you are feeling better :)