August 26, 2006

cord skirt for emelia



i had bought al ittle second hand summer skirt which looked really simple so decided to make it for emelia in a winter fabric. i drafted my own pattern and went to it with a piece of op shop cord (1m for $2!). overall i'm happy with it but i'm useless at using the right amount of elastic so i took the skirt in down the sides and now it looks a bit tight and grown up. emelia loves it anyway! it's also a bit longer than it was supposed to be as i did the waist a bit narrower than the original.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the shape of this skirt Brazen. I have seen a few around the shops in the new summer stock and I think it is a nice change from all the really twirly ones. I may have to give one a go, but I don't know if I can brave it without a pattern.

Marie said...

Oooh, love this skirt too.