August 04, 2006

my challenge!

i've set myself a challenge ! I've banned myself from buying fabrics and patterns for the months of august and september.
my exceptions to this rule will be:
notions are ok to buy
op shop cheapies are ok occasionally
if needed for gifts ok

*fingers crossed*! i was just buying wayyyy more stuff than i will have timeto sew for the next few years *rolls eyes*

anyway, luckily i'd already been shopping *snigger* bought some stuff in the lincraft sale, including a gorgeous jacquard i've been eyeing off for months, and not only did i get it 30% off but as it was the last piece i got half of it at half the discounted price :D. unforunatley the piece was cut crookedly and as it was already 30cm shorter than i was supposed to buy according to the pattern i'm about TWO CM short of being abel to cut it out (AAAAGH!) anyway mum is going to come over and have a look and see if she can rearrange it to work.

these are the patterns i got:



3 comments:

Helen said...

Hey Karen!
Just wanted to say, I'm so glad that somebody else challenges themselves to NOT buy any more fabric for a few months! You are so good going for two whole months though, I can do a month then cave! LOL
Helen

Unknown said...

Brazen, I really like the skirt in the second pattern. I get so caught making kids clothes I forget to check out stuff for myself. The sad part is that I am the one that needs new things the most.

Anonymous said...

hey B, good on you for enforcing a shopping moratorium! I'm on a clothes shopping moratorium for 4 months. 7 weeks in and doing well. I love the skirt in the second pattern too. Great style. hugs to you, kath x