July 27, 2006

the no-sew update

let me see...

got my overlocker fixed today - turned out to be a simple user-error threading mistake as i suspected. i bought a new pair of tweezers to replace my missing ones so hopefully will help. the lady was telling me that in the next few months they will be running 10-4 one of classes on saturday which would be perfect for me to go to. she was a funny lady - she didn't even say hello to me when i got there, introduce herself, ask my name or anything. she rushed through what she showed me at a million miles an hour (she did show me heaps of different techniques etc), didn't smile once. then all of a sudden when she was done she turned into a totally different, relaxed, friendly person! most bizarre.

anyway what else?

i have not been sewing. the side effects of the drugs have only just subsided so i just haven't felt capable lately. also rory has been sick so waking a lot at night and ryan and emelia have been refusing to go down at night, taking up to 2 hours to sleep. so i really haven't been in the mood to sew or scrap or do anything. i do feel like it tonight, but i will have to go get dinner ready now and fold at least a couple of baskets of washing before i 'let' myself sew!

i got a bunch of vintage patterns off ebay, from a seller ingrid recommended, plus a few other odd ones from here and there. i will tryt o remember to take photos soon.

i ordered some fabrics from the fabric mill who make the colorado cotton. fleecy for track pants for geoff and maybe ryan (it's not the colour i thought it would be as i didn't have a colour chart for the fleecy), some unbrushed fleecy for trackpants for me, some gorgeous light stretchy fabrics for l/s. 3/4 slv and s/s shirts for me and the girls. i had to buy 5m of each to get the cheaper prices (about $5-10 pm) so i'm going to try to sell off a few metres of most of them to get some money back as it ended up costing more than i thought. (if anyone's interested let me know!)

i also go my new ottobre magazine this week too, which i like but am not thrilled about. i do want to make a few simple items for emelia. i need to write a list of what they need i think. all 3 kids are lacking in certain items in their wardrobes, so that we keep running out - such as sweatshirts and jackets for all 3, pants for ryan, warm pants for emelia, l/s t's for rory.