March 24, 2008

done!



wooooo! not only did i finish something in a day but it was something for me too!!! yippee!! (the kids are just about sorted for winter, i want a whole new wardrobe i can't afford though so i need to be sewing...)

the jacket doesn't fit quite right - it's actually a bit tight across the shoulders and i'm not really sure how to fix that. other than that it's not too bad, could do with an extra cm all round perhaps.

i didn't put elastic on the arms as i decided i liked them as they were. they are also shorter than i expected, but luckily i love 3/4 sleeves ;) i haven't done the ribbon tie yet as none of my ribbon is the right colour.

i don't mind the style - it's probably not quite me for casual wear but suits very well for work. i'll probably make at least one more (i have several more velours waiting lol)

PS: do you like the photo ryan took for me? i asked him to take a photo of my jacket so he did exactly what i asked lol i supposed i shoudln't complain, at least there's no double chins lol!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks awesome. Maybe you couldhold sewing lessons, I have som much I wanna wear but can't afford :( I would love to learn how to make an item of clothing

Anonymous said...

that jacket is on my short list of things to sew. looks great on you. chocolate velour....yummmy!

teri

Lily Mulholland said...

LOL at the photography! And stretch velour - you are WAY braver than moi!! Well done!